Thursday, September 22, 2011

Arch

Getting married outside is a dream of mine. Risky, but a girl can hope, right? Wedding in the front yard, reception in the backyard. I'm not married to the idea, per say, but every since I was a little girl growing up on my parents 4 acres out in the country, it's the way I've imagined it. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

But in the mean time, if you're getting married outside, you need something to stand in the place of the traditional alter in a church. An arch. Or something like an arch. It's one of the thousands of ways you get to be creative with your wedding, and I love it! There's so many different ways to go. Traditional arches, canopies, doors. Doors? Doors. Here's a couple of my favorite ideas.

Traditional canopy + untraditional fabric arch

Burlap canopy + twig arch


{As usual, I saved my favorites for last}
Burlap arch + door

I think one of the things I like about the idea of a wedding arch is it gives your guy a way to be involved. While there's very little they ususally want to be hands-on about the planning, getting sweaty and building something that'll make their bride happy is a great way to let them feel included.

15 comments:

  1. my friend is getting married outside and i am always on the prowl for fun ideas for her wedding. love the last two!! pinned them on pinterest :) (PS-Want to win a pair of Cents of Style shoes of your choice? Enter on my blog today: www.rubygirlblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric arch and the door...I've always wanted to get married outside too :)

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all just so beautiful. people are just so creative now and coming up with unique ways to celebrate their marriage with others!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning an outdoor wedding for September in New England ... we are planning on having some kind of Thing. Not quite sure what kind of thing as of yet though - love these for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the first one! i also think an arch covered entirely with beautiful flowers is perfect. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, these pictures are so beautiful. very inspiring. love the first one. so so glad I came across your blog. totally following. If you get second, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist. thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOAA!! That is incredibly amazing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the arch door! Its so romantic :)
    Visit my blog and if you like it would you like to follow each other? Happy Sunday!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful images! Your blog is lovely :) Just stumbled upon it and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a good point! i love the look of the 2nd with the bunting..so sweet :) but also i have a huge fabric crush on burlap so naturally i am lusting over that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely, so lovely!

    http://xdirtylittlesecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The human mind always wants to think new & creatively, rather than to follow traditions. I like bulap- conopy- twig arch looks different & new. I suggested this to my friend for her wedding

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh those are such inspirational pics for an outdoor wedding...love it!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. people are being so creative with the things that they are creating for outdoor weddings. i got married outside, but i didn't have an arch, but was underneath a cherry blossom tree.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete