Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Meet My Super Talented Friends: Mattie Babb

Hi there!

I'm Mattie. I own a small, vintage, Etsy shop online called Odelma and I run a blog by the same name. The blog started as a way to document my journey through starting my shop and it's since drifted into my little spot to share all things I find online that strike my fancy. I'm so excited to be here with you on Love, Lace, and Life Changes! When Blake first asked me to be a guest on her blog, I had no idea what I wanted to chat about! Then it dawned on me. You see, I am currently a college student studying apparel merchandising. A lot of what I blog about has to do with apparel, fashion, and everything in between. So I thought I'd just share with you what I do best --- SHOP!

When I think about weddings, I have to say that my favorite ones that I find online (I follow unashamedly way too many wedding blogs to count) are the ones that are so unique and original! Although traditional weddings are still beautiful, I have to admit that love it when brides break all wedding tradition boundaries and make decisions that reflect only them and their style. Why not? It's your day. Do whatcha' want. Don't be anchored down by timely traditions that you don't understand anyway. Find out what's important to you and stick with it.

With that being said, I am thrilled to see originality starting to reign when it comes to bridesmaid dresses. Have you noticed? I have seen so many precious weddings online lately in the blog world where the wedding party is dressed in so many quirky and untraditional ways. Love it! So I thought I'd do a little prowling on my favorite online retail shops and show you guys how easy it is to find normal, everyday dresses and turn them into something eye catching and memorable on your big day. Plus, most are super affordable and not to mention will make your gals beam from ear to ear after they see how easily it is to wear them again. Check it out and let me know what you think of my picks! If anything, make sure you click on the links and check out my favorite online shops. Maybe there are a few you've never seen before. :)



// one, two, three, four \\

P.S.
Florals are such a cute trend going on now. Mix it up and have each bridesmaid wear a different one.





// one, two, three, four \\

P.S.
#3: Stripes? Sure! Don't just leave the dramatic lines and shapes for your wedding invitations. What a great way to incorporate color and trend into your wedding pictures. I can just see them now! So cute.





// one, two, three, four, five, six \\







// one, two, three, four, five, six \\




// one, two, three, four, five, six, seven \\

P.S.
Love the length in #1 and #3. More stripes in #4! 
#5: How cool would it be to have both colors in one dress. 
Honorable Mention.







// one, two, three, four, five \\

P.S.
#3: YOWZA! Can you even imagine? Perfect for a night, fancy wedding. Tres chic.





// one, two, three, four, five, six \\

P.S.
ROMPERS?! Why the heck not?? This is my favorite idea. I could say something about each of these little numbers. I think it's safe to say that rompers have taken the fashion world by full force and are here to stay for a while. 
#1. So chic. One of my faves.
Those black ones (#2, #4) are so fancy, and I love the lines and attention that #5 and #6 bring.



Well, those are my picks! I hope you are inspired. I had so much fun, and I want to thank Blake for having me!! And again, let me know what you think. Do you love the new bridesmaid dress trends going on now? Are you more traditional or did your heart beat faster when you saw the stand outs from above? I'd love to know!

x.o. Mattie 
Shop // Blog // Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment